About Me

My photo
I retired on March 11th 2014 after 26 years as a doctors receptionist. I am now looking forward to the freedom to enjoy my days doing anything I wish to. Spending time with family, catching up with friends. Playing in my Scrappy Shack, scrapbooking, cardmaking, art journalling, quilting, gardening, baking. Spending wonderful times with my beloved other half. I am so looking forward to this time in my life.

Tuesday 6 July 2010

WOYWW


This is me trying to get my stuff together for the
Crabapple Scrapbook Retreat with the lovely Rosemary Merry
the weekend of 16th to 18th July at The Forest Hills Hotel in Frodsham.
I have never done a weekend of scrapbooking, away from home.
It is usally just one day crops that I attend. 
So I am not sure how much of the basic supplies to take.
How much glue for instance?

Anyone out there got any tips?
There will be a Pyjama Party on the Saturday night
with scrapping until 2am!!

I do not want to be taking too much stuff, as I do going on holiday.
So any hints on how you can travel light with scrapbook supplies
would be very gratefully received.
What a stupid request?
Travel light with beautiful papers,
embellishments, photo's, inks, scissors, paper trimmers.....

I am sure there are some good idea's out there, please?

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sheilagh
    oh i bet you will have a brill time, look forward to hearing all about it, have good day, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time. I can't travel light anywhere so I'll be no help,sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohoo a hand punch, I haven't got one of those, very useful!
    Have a lovely time away
    Happy Crafting
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never done a weekend scrapping but I think I would take all the basics that I couldnt scrap without and then add bits in order of importance until I got to the point that I couln't transport it ...I really dont think you can take too much.... can you? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have no idea where I'd start but what is important is to have lots of fun.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lawks..hire a lorry!
    No really - are you being supplied with kits when you get there or do you have to take your own stuff to scrap and such. If so, start making 'kits' of the pages you want to do - it sure helps. Most fave tools for sure, and at least one spare of each consumable (mostly to share with people who forget!) And don't worry - however much you take, others will take more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! What a fab time you will have. Have no idea what you could take though! I would have trouble picking the pyjamas!!!!
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to make up page kits, so all my papers, photos & embellishments are already together in bundles, I take maybe 5 or 6 for a retreat, as for tools I take my basics... craft knife, scissors, needle, DST etc then as extras mainly distress inks & a few embroidery threads, hope that helps.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rather than me. I love scrapping in the safety of my own home. And I love to go on vacation for sight-seeing always packing up too much clothes to start with.
    I think I'd just be taking everything with me and that's a lot!
    ** Evi **

    P.S. Please turn off your word verification!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a scrapbooker, never been to a crop, but I put all my projects (swaps, items I collect for specific book spreads, etc) into plastic bags. The idea is to think ahead and visualize what you will need for your projects. Then package them and label them. As for tools, I get by with glue stick and white glue (but I don't care about archival). I also keep my favorite scissors and other small tools in a container. I know I'm not much help, so I will leave this one to the real experts who have actually made at least one scrapbook layout in their life! Happy belated WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm late...Only one tip - Have a great time and take it all!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I missed this when it was posted Shelagh. How great a weekend workshop with Rosemary, hope you enjoyed it. Hope you're doing ok
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh fab desk makes me just want to play :)
    hugs June xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would never be able to travel light I'm a need the kitchen sink kinda gal
    hugs

    ReplyDelete